Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Journey Begins

As I started putting this blog together yesterday, I began a conversation with God, asking Him what in the world He wanted me to do with this thing. Yes, I think I might have been given what I can only explain as a gift from Him to write. So if He decided to give me this gift what exactly did he expect me to do with it. Hmmmm. What to do...... What to write.....

So I posted some things that I had already written, which were all very random subjects. But shouldn't this thing have a purpose, a reason for you the reader to follow what I write. Once again I began to pray. "What are you up to God?" What is it You want the reader to follow?".

As always when God begins a work, He completes it. As I drove in to town today to meet with what from now on I will lovingly refer to as the "Tuesday girls", (my Tuesday morning women's bible study group), God began to answer my prayers. His answer came in the form of a question as He sometimes does to me. Does he do that to you? Anyway, this was the question, "what would happen if you got up every morning and really committed to give your day to me for my kingdom?" OK, so can you see where He is going with this? Maybe this thing isn't just about writing. Hmmmm.... I think big things might be coming....

I began to think , if I were to get up everyday and really commit my day to Him there is no telling what might happen. There's no telling where He would take me and who might be affected. But I am sure of one thing, when we make ourselves available, He will use us. That is all He really needs, for us to be available. He doesn't really need our help, in spite of what we think. He has the power to do the rest.

So I have committed to become intentional, to become available and to give up my grasp on my agenda each day. To be transparent, loving and open with my life. To overcome the fear of rejection and fear only God so I can experience things that others only read about. To be looking for opportunities everywhere I go to do as Jesus would do. Lets take some God-sized risks together! Will you commit with me?

So our journey to be about our fathers business begins... Follow me.... Here we go....

No comments: