Thursday, November 19, 2009

Warm and Fuzzies

I have a challenge for you. For the next twenty four hours, think of all the things that you love. All the things that make you warm and fuzzy inside. Then come back tomorrow and tell me how the experience was for you.

I have found when I do this, I have way less time to dwell on things that are negative or unproductive.

Here are some of mine:

* I love the smell of clorine in a swimming pool. It smells fresh and clean. Makes me want to jump in.

* I love the trees look when way icicles form all over them. Something in it takes my breath away.

* I love sound of my children sleeping when they were small babies. I used to just sit in the rocking chair in my sons room and listen to him sometimes.

* I love it when I roll over in bed after my husband leaves for work and I can still smell his scent on the pillow.

* I love the feel of soft sheets on my skin and warm cozy comforters in the winter.

* I love sky when it full of color. It makes me stand in awe of the one who painted it.

* I love the feel of warm carpet on my feet when I step outside on the cold pavement with barefeet in the middle of winter.

* I love the way it feels to drink an ice cold glass of water after you built up a good thirst.

* I love the way my heart still skips a beat when my husband looks at me in that certain way.

* I love hearing the words "I love you" coming out of the mouths of my children and grandchildren.

* I love the smell of fresh brewed coffee even though I don't drink it.

* I love to watch a momma bird care for, feed and protect her babies in the nest.

* I love to watch the animals in nature. I wonder as I watch how anyone could ever believe there is no creator.

* I love to watch clouds roll by as I lay on the trampoline with my youngest son and we guess what shapes they are.

* I love to sing out loud and praise God with all my heart when no one is home to hear and complain.

* I love to sit at the feet of the Father in prayer. Sometimes I can say nothing because I am in such awe of who He is.

* I love it when a passage of scripture is given to me personally by God. When your reading and the words leap off the page and into your heart.

* I love a genuine smile and a warm hug from a friend just when you need it. Amazing how they know that you do.

* I love that I had a grandmother that showed me how to be present with those I love.

* I love that even when I encounter painful circumstances, I can still have the joy of the Lord to comfort me.

* More than anything else, I love that I am given the priviledge to love others as God loves me.


What do you love....

No comments: