Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Got Nothing

I wish I had some inspirational piece to write that would knock your socks off today, but I don't. Truth is, I am fresh out of inspiration. I got nothing for you.

So maybe thats the topic today..... Being transparent and honest enough to say I got nothing for you. There are times it seems that I just fail to live up to what I would like to be in the eyes of man. I would like to be an inspiration to others but sometimes there are dry periods where there just seems nothing to give. Today is one of those days.

In a time like today where I don't feel God all around me I have learned this, I must trust in what I know to be true.

What I know to be true is that God didn't leave just because it seems dry and I can't feel Him. God is faithful. He has His eye on those He loves.

These are the times that hiding the word in your heart is for. We must learn to know God and His word so we aren't living our christian walk by our feelings and experiences but by our faith. It is our faith that holds us through when God seems distant.

I know my God, He has not left. He is waiting for me to clear the fog so I see Him better.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend, there are times when God wants us to concentrate on Him and only Him. Take this time to let God speak to you. Take this time for some one on one with your Heavenly Father.

God bless and I love you Sherri!

Sherri Watt said...

Thanks Tawana and valerie!

Your the best!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and am already a fan. God has spoken to me through the posts that I have read. Even this one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being real..sometimes I feel the same way with my blog. :)

Finally Free

Sue said...

I am in the same place right now, have been for a while. I get ebbs and flows with my blog. What that relates to I'm not entirely sure, but right now is an ebb.

Thank you for vocalising what I feel also.

Deare Diary said...

I can relate to this. Sometimes that is when God speaks to me in a very personal way and not to be shared with everyone. All times with him are special even the quiet ones. God bless you.
Judy

Sherri Watt said...

Thanks everyone. Sometimes its just not there.... Doing much better now though.

Hugs,
Sherri

Unknown said...

Hi Sherri, I thank God for your honesty, sometimes we can't shuck,and jive, people can recongonize a fake a mile away. Stand still and let God speak to your heart when he's ready to speak, the Word says my sheep know my voice! love your site! be blessed!

Peter P said...

Sherri,

Even on your 'I've got nothing' days, you have more than I ever do!

Your posts blow my socks off with their depth and inspiration!