Monday, July 13, 2009

Waiting

Waiting. I am waiting. Waiting to meet the one I love so dearly, to be in His presence.

Longing. I am longing. Longing to look into His eyes of warmth and love. Longing to be in His arms and all the waiting to be over.

Don't get me wrong, I am not miserable here on this earth. I have plenty of joy to fill my days. I have love around me and those that bring a smile to my face. But my heart longs for the day that I can see the Lord and look into His eyes.

Often, I wonder just what it will be like when I meet Him. The more I think on it, the more my heart longs for that day. You see, I love Him so. I love Him so much and the deeper my love grows, the more I long to be united with Him.

He is so much more than my savior. He is my Lord, my love, my partner, my father, my beloved and my everything. I know that it is not my time to go and be with Him, for I have work to do here. So I continue to look up, and wait, until my work here is done.

But I can't help but day dream on what it will sound like to hear Him say my name. Or what it will feel like when His hand touches my face. And what my eyes will see when I finally look upon Him.

What will I say? What will I do? Probably nothing. As always, He has already done everything. It will be Him that does everything and gives me what I need the moment I get there.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Sherri I dream of half your passion for Jesus.

What a beautiful post. I'm sure Jesus is smiling right now, and thinking the same thing.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Will we stand in His glory?

Or will we fall at His feet?

It's incredible to think about. Thanks for sharing, Sherri.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sherri, I just got goosebumps... Last night I wrote a poem 'to' someone from 'Jesus' and it is ridiculously similar to this! The Holy Spirit works in amazing ways. Nicely done by the way! always.. cindy

duopastorale said...

I resonate with you :)

Christian Books said...

Your blog is great!

<3 Lindsay

Mikes Sumondong said...

to live is Christ and to die is gain...

waiting and longing as well!

Brian said...

Sherri -

Very nice blog - moving reflection. It is not easy to open up - you have great faith.

God bless you!

Lori Laws said...

Sherri,
I long to be physically in His presence also. The song, "I Can Only Imagine" started playing over and over in my head as I was reading your post. Yes, my sister, the harvest is great but the workers are few. Much work to be done...just keep pointing to Jesus.