Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Challenge For Christian Bloggers

Today I have a challenge for you....

When I started this blog, I started a journey. A journey to get up everyday and give each day to glorify God. One of the things that Christ has spoken to me about many times is being excited about telling others about Him. On Sunday morning I was once again reminded.

We had a guest speaker that preached and in his sermon he was speaking about forgiveness. He asked how we would feel if our mortgage was forgiven. Of course that sent everyone's minds reeling. At the end, our Pastor brought that up and said all kinds of things went through his head. He said "If Wells Fargo called me up and told me they had forgiven my mortgage I would be wearing their T-shirt and hat. I would be telling everyone how amazing Wells Fargo is." Then he said "It made me think, why I don't do that for Jesus who forgave me so much more"

So what do we do? First, we get excited! If you have fear, ask God to take it away. Ask Him to make you bold and confident. Here are some things that I will be doing to share my faith with others this coming year.

During the 12 days of Christmas Challenge I bought a card, wrote a note in it about accepting Christ, put a gospel tract in it. I then bought the lunch of the car behind me at Taco Bell and asked the attendant to give them the card. So I thought why not do this on a regular basis. I could buy some cards, write a note, add a gospel tract and keep them in my car and my purse. I could give them to anyone, even if I didn't buy anything for them. It would be nice for them to get something more personal than just a gospel tract.

I always carry gospel tracts with me and leave them on the table when I eat out. But recently God has given me an idea for a gospel tract of my own. One that I can put my blog address on the back of, to send people here to read more. It is in the process of being designed right now. When it is finished I will post more about it. Until it is done, I am making up some cards with my blog address on them.

As I have some time on my hands during the day, I was praying about what I could do for the kingdom with this time. The answer He gave me was, go talk to people about me, tell them I love them." So here's the idea....

At least once a week I will be going out to interview people about who they believe Christ to be, and then I will be writing about it. As I approach people, I will tell them that I write a blog and I am interviewing people to write about. When I leave, I will give them one of my gospel tracts that have my web address so they can go check out what I write about them.

Our blogs are the perfect opportunity to use to talk to people. So I'm going to challenge you.... Go out and talk to people and put them on your blog. Let your blog become a tool to share the gospel with the world around you.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like a great idea! I'm not sure I'd want to do it in my neighborhood, but it could really be a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Sherri!

and to R.L. Scovens.... your neighborhood may be a bad place but that just shows how much they need Christ. Gd has placed you there for a reason! The mission starts on your doorstep. If you don't reach out to them who will?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful idea Sherri! Witnessing is a powerful tool in sharing the love of God. I love talking to people about God! I have been through so much in my life! The sole reason why I am the woman I am today is all because of GOD!!!! I pray others will read this post and do what you have suggested!

AMEN!

Lori Laws said...

Sherri,

Awesome idea! Count me in! Interviewing someone and then posting their response is an excellent idea...I love, absolutely love, how God gives us creative ideas! 2009 is gonna be great...and it's only beginning! I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

i like the idea of the card with and blog address better than a tract because it lends itself more to relating with the other person.

and talking to people is good too, i think.

Corey Nelson said...

Awesome idea!!!!

Sherri Watt said...

Thanks everyone! If you are taking up the challenge please feel free to issue the challenge to others on your own blog. Lets start something powerful!!!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wow. Very convicting post...and one I need to pray about.

Tamela's Place said...

That is a great idea sherri! i will pray for boldness and try it myself!

Darlene said...

Sherri,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment. I will be back!

I know this may sound strange to ask you of this since we just met...but, my family needs prayer.
I haven't shared much on my blog lately about what is going on....maybe one day I will...but right now I need to know that we have people praying for us.

I like your ideas and will be praying.
Darlene