Friday, January 9, 2009

There Is A Hope

As I look around these days, there is fear everywhere. The future looks bleak, a falling economy, predictions of more job loss in the future and people losing there homes. It is an unpredictable time in our nation, even in our world.

As a Christian, I see the world in such turmoil, such distress everywhere and a dread rises up inside. I see the signs of our nation taking a direction that is not favorable for those of us that believe in the Almighty God. It is a time when our country has made a choice to go down a path away from God not to Him.

As I read Psalm 9 today God spoke to me to say, "I still have you in my hand" "Even though your nation may turn its head from Me, I still have you in my hand"

So first, as in Psalm 9:1-2 I will praise Him! "I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works, I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."

He and only He is worthy of our praise, so we praise Him not because of the circumstances that surround us but in spite of them. We praise Him because He is the Most High, the sustainer, our comforter and all things are created by and through Him. We praise Him because He deserves our praise for who He is, not what He does. We Praise You Lord!

Verse 3-5 says When my enemies turn back; They shall fall and perish at Your presence. For You have maintained my right and my cause; You sat on the throne judging in righteousness. You have rebuked the nations, You have destroyed the wicked; You have blotted out their name forever and ever.

When I read this verse my heart breaks for the nations of the world, especially for America. Those nations that knew Him and turn back shall meet Him face to face and they will fall. They will perish from being called one of His nations and He will blot out their name from His blessings. Even though they no longer choose to recognize Him, He has not left His throne and He judges the righteousness of all.

But don't lose heart, for there is hope, Verse 9-10 says The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord have not forsaken those who seek You.

We are not forsaken. Just because things around you may seem scary and times look bleak, it does not mean that God is not actively involved or doesn't care anymore. You are in the palm of His hand. Those that know Jesus as their Savior are His and He cares deeply for them. Our nation may fall, but He will not allow you too. He is our refuge our safe place. When all is tumbling down around you, run to Him. Don't walk, RUN! He will give you the strength to walk and if your legs get to wobbly He will pick you up and carry you. Run to Him.

Verse 12 says When He avenges blood, He remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the humble. God does not forget His people, even if the earth quakes and trembles, He is still there for those that have humbled themselves and called upon the cross. Even when judgment is falling on a nation that chooses to reject Him, we are not forgotten.

In the end of this Psalm, verse 20 says this; Put them in fear, O Lord, That the nations may know themselves to be but men. When all is said and done, those that have denied Him will once and for all fear Him and know He is God. They will finally see that they are but mere men, not Gods themselves.

Those that have been faithful, the ones stamped with His name, will have hope. A hope eternal, full of joy and full of unspeakable Love. An eternal life in the presence of the one that gives light to all things. The one that sets things in motion, that speaks and causes things to exist. The one that IS just because HE IS, the Beginning and the End.

You are not forgotten, you are held in the palm of His hand. He calls you wonderful, marvelous, beautiful. He knows each breath you take, your fears and your joys. He counts your hairs each morning and kisses your forehead each night. Not one in heaven is allow to speak against you, not even the angels. He says to them "Have you seen my child? So amazing, that one is!" "For that one, I sent my son!"

So the only way to end is the same we started, once again to lift our voice in praise.

O Lord, I will praise You, I will praise you with my whole heart! I call you marvelous, wonderful, faithful, my sustainer, the one my heart adores. If all falls around me, I will praise your name. For you alone are worthy to be praised. I sing praises to Your name, for you are, the Most High!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome.

Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement.

Anonymous said...

When all seems hopeless there is a God which can fill your life with so much hope it is unimagineable and unexplainable. I am so full of hope which only comes from God. When I hear the talk about how, "things in this country are only going to get worse" I do not let it bother me because my hope and trust is in God and not this country nor the people running it. I have had so many people ask me aren't you afraid? No, because my hope is in Jesus Christ and I know in my heart no matter what comes up against me or my family, we will make it. We will be alright. Greater is He who lives in me!! AMEN! Okay I am preaching aren't I LOL! I had better stop. People need to put their trust and Hope in the Lord who will never, ever fail them.

Blessings! Love you!

Sherri Watt said...

Peter, THANKS!

Valerie Lynn, You go ahead and preach it sister! Love you too!